Monday 24 January 2011

My Summary


I am Sarah Pilkington I am currently studying National Diploma Graphic Design Level 3 at West Nottinghamshire College, I have completed seven projects so far, which are Anatomical Calendar, San Miguel, Children’s Book, Phobia, ‘What Kind Of Drink Are You?’, NSPCC and Self Promotion.

As a young Deaf woman, I have the advantage of a keen visual imagination. The Deaf community uses a visual sign language, BSL. This language gives me a heightened visual awareness of the world around us. This gives me the ability to communicate in a unique way.

I am interested in this programme because I want to become a Graphic Designer, working in industry, advertising or design consultancies in the future. I want to go to Manchester Metropolitan University as the University is in a large metropolitan city with a diverse range of cultures and influences. These will help me broaden my experiences and provide stimulation to expand my design ideas and techniques in a range of media.

The Manchester Metropolitan University has access to a range of creative industries, which could provide exciting opportunities to gain work experience. I really enjoyed contextual studies on my National Diploma course and look forward to further developing my knowledge and awareness of how these influence current design and trends.

I enjoy study trips where I can gain awareness of other cultures and gain more opportunity to develop primary research, to inform my designs. I really enjoy printmaking and photography work. I am looking forward to learning more techniques in print, and more in depth range of media.

No comments:

Post a Comment